Finding The Best Drug Rehab Center
Choosing the right drug rehab center for you.
The minute you choose to seek treatment, you will feel a lot of emotions all at once. You may feel excited, anxious, curious or confused. Elevate Drug Rehab Center wants to help ease your stress and offer you help in finding the best center.
Of the estimated 22.7 million individuals aged 12 or older in 2013 who needed treatment for an illicit drug or alcohol use problem, 2.5 million received treatment at a specialty facility
There are five things that a successful rehabilitation facility will have, including:
- Extensive evaluation and assessment process
- Professional, medically-assisted detox processes
- Aftercare planning
- Support groups
Drug Treatment Assessment
Every program during the Elevate drug and alcohol treatment begins with a thorough assessment in order for our staff to diagnose every condition our patients are suffering from. We need to determine the status of your physical and mental health in order to create a highly individualized plan that meets your unique needs.
The assessments will include:
- Medical, psychiatric and brain wellness evaluation: Through the medical evaluation, our rehab clinicians are able to identify each condition patients are suffering from which will help determine which detoxification process patients will undergo. The psychiatric and brain wellness evaluation are important for board-certified therapists and psychotherapists to determine the state of mind patients are in, if they are susceptible to addictive behaviors and what contributes to those behaviors.
- Pharmacogenetic testing: Pharmacogenetic testing allows medical professionals to study your genes in order to determine whether your addiction is caused by a gene mutation or your genetic makeup.
- Toxicology testing: And lastly, toxicology testing. Each detox process varies based upon which substances are in the system; therefore, we must determine all abused substances and craft a program that will meet your unique needs.
All treatment programs begin with a detoxification (detox) process, which is the safe removal of all toxic substances from the body.
During this process, patients will experience symptoms of withdrawal, including:
- Physical and psychological cravings
- Stomach pain
- Cold sweat
- Muscle tension
- Shaking or quivering
- Trouble sleeping
- Enlarged pupils
- Pain in the bones
Elevate Drug Rehab Center is equipped to administer medications that ease pain for patients who are experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms.
Another important step in the detoxification process is nutritional support. Certain substances are an appetite suppressor and nullify the body’s ability to absorb nutrients.Chronic abusers often suffer from severe nutritional deficiencies, including Vitamin-B, which increases hydration and aids in removing alcohol from the body.
Most vitamins and minerals are administered orally; however, in some severe cases, where standard methods are ineffective, they are administered intravenously. Either way, nutrient intake is essential for the safety of the patient and to help ease the detoxification process.
Therapeutic Modalities Used During Substance Abuse Rehab
After the detox process, patients will begin a series of therapeutic sessions. We found that by combining traditional and experiential therapies, the chance of a successful recovery is significantly increased.
The therapies should include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy:The most effective type of therapy to help treat alcohol addiction is the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Patients explore their thoughts, feelings and behaviors in order to recognize their maladaptive behaviors and learn positive coping mechanisms. This therapy has proven to replace negative thoughts as well as improve brain functioning.
- Brief Strategic Family Therapy: Brief strategic family therapy relies heavily on family inclusion. We are able to recognize the dynamic between our patients and their families. We teach patients how their addiction affects not just them but their family and loved ones as well. We help mend broken relationships through our therapeutic processes. We also teach their families how to support them through this difficult time. We help find a balance between our patients and their families.
- Interpersonal Therapy: Interpersonal therapy focuses on improving the relationship between patients and their families. It relies heavily on open and honest communication and teaches patients how to redirect their negative emotions.
- Group Therapy: We highly recommend psychoeducation in a group setting in order to stir conversation among patients. Psychoeducation helps patients learn practical and positive emotional and behavioral skills in order to manage their emotions and self-awareness as well as improve their lives. Most facilities will use therapy handouts, worksheets, individual and group therapy activities as well as visualizations. These tools will help patients learn how to effectively manage their lives. We want each patient to understand another; they may gain insight into their own addiction as well as valuable advice as to how to manage their sobriety during and after treatment.
- Recreational Therapy: Any therapy that involves nature significantly increases the risk of a successful recovery. Group therapy sessions outside are also helpful for patients to experience teamwork, what it means to take responsibility for their actions and to learn how their actions will impact others. The outdoor therapies are designed for patients to develop and utilize skills that can help in difficult situations. We want to teach patients how to handle themselves in all types of situations because we never know that they will be faced with outside of the treatment facility.
Drug Recovery Aftercare Planning
The best facilities will help patients create a plan for when they leave the facility and clients can expect this from Elevate Recovery.
The plan should begin with making a list of goals and how to accomplish those goals. The next step is walking out of the facility with your list of goals and a game plan.
First things first, immerse yourself into a positively distracting environment, such as a community sports team or volunteer group. Do things that make you feel good inside and make friends with the people who want to do good like you.
The next step is to track your progress. You may have learned what your triggers are in a safe environment; they may change once you are in different places. Once you track your progress, you should be able to recognize your triggers and replace them with positive coping mechanisms.
Immersing yourself into a positive environment is probably the best thing you can do to maintain your sobriety. A good facility will guide you towards support groups and other positive activities.
Chemical Dependency Support Groups
After treatment has been completed at our drug rehab center a client will enter aftercare. Support groups, like Narcotics Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous bring recovering patients together in a safe and understanding environment. Members are encouraged to share their experiences; this helps other members gain insight, seek advice and learn tips on how to maintain their sobriety.
It takes a lot of willpower, work and support to remain committed to sobriety. In order to maintain it and achieve a long-lasting recovery, it is beyond important to have people around who love, support and understand.
Not only is it important to know what kind of treatments a facility offers, but it is important to know about the facility as well.
What Makes A Great Drug Rehab Center?
Criterion you should consider before choosing a facility
In order to choose the best drug rehab center, it is important to know what makes a great facility.
This is a list of criterion you should consider before choosing which one is right for you:
All of the best rehab facilities will cater to each patient’s individual needs. They monitor patients closely and assess their progress in order to adjust their treatments accordingly. They provide support and guidance throughout the entire process, even after treatment is over.
Elevate Drug Treatment Facility follows a strict guideline set in place by the National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers and provides only the best treatments possible.
- Choose a drug rehab center that is accredited by the Golden Seal of Excellence and the Joint Commission International. If it does not have the seal, make sure that it is certified by the National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers or the Association of Intervention Specialists.
- The staff should be able to provide their credentials and professional licenses, as well as their membership to the National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors, upon request.
- Because of the Affordable Care Act, health care providers are required to provide coverage for substance abuse and mental health disorder treatment; therefore, facilities will accept most insurances. If your insurance does not get accepted or you do not have insurance, find a drug treatment facility that works with nonprofit organizations or charitable groups.
- Facilities also have different sets of rules and regulations. They are set in place to keep every patient safe and are in no way meant to hinder anyone’s freedom. Be sure to check the regulations to make sure that you can comply with all of them.
- The best facilities will offer treatment for drug, alcohol and behavioral addiction. They will also offer inpatient and outpatient treatments in order to cater to each patient’s individual needs.